First-Year Experience Leadership Retreat
The First-Year Experience Leadership Retreat is hosted by the offices of First-Year Experience Programs & Initiatives, Student Leadership & Development, Residential and Education Services and the Associated Students of CUI (ASCUI).
Open to all first-year students (entering fall & spring freshmen and transfers), the two-day retreat provides opportunities for students to:
- Identify and recognize their talents, skills and potential
- Strengthen their servant-leadership abilities and team building skills
- Network with current student leaders and be informed about the involvement opportunities on/off campus
- Learn how to apply their goals and talents to succeed in the classroom, on campus, and in the community
- Communicate and listen effectively with others
- Connect with Concordia University Irvine and invest in its leadership opportunities
What past participants said about their experiences:
- "It was an amazing experience. I had a lot of fun, and I learned a lot about myself."
- "It made a great connection between Christianity and serving."
- "I liked how we got to work together and figure out how to listen to everyone's ideas, but choosing the best ideas to get our task done."
- "Talking to actual student leaders gave a more realistic idea of the responsibilities."
- "It helped me set goals and showed some strengths and weaknesses I have in time management."
- "I liked meeting new people and connecting in different ways."