Welcome Prospective Students
There are various types of financial assistance that can help you cover the costs associated with college. CUI offers a wide array of scholarship programs. Every student is considered for an academic scholarship as long as a complete application for admission, transcripts and test scores have been received. For a complete listing of all types of aid you may be eligible for, visit our Types of Aid page.
Financial Aid - Getting Started
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
To apply for need-based aid, please complete the FAFSA and have your information sent to CUI, specify the CUI school code — 013885. To ensure you get the best financial package, be sure to complete a FAFSA by March 2. The FAFSA on the Web Worksheet is available for your convenience to print and complete before going online. Please note: the FAFSA is a free application. Click here for facts on Financial Aid Consultants and Scholarship Search Services.
Obtaining your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
The student, and one parent if a dependent student, need to create an FSA ID online at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm. Your FSA ID remains the same from year to year, so keep it in a safe place and never share it with anyone.
California Residents Only
California Residents may qualify for a state grant, Cal Grant A or B. Complete the Cal Grant GPA Verification Form, postmarked no later than March 2. (Be sure to confirm with your High School to see if it was already electronically sent. Use code — 02070500.) Click here for additional Cal Grant information.
Read all communications received from the Financial Aid Office and provide any requested documentation at your earliest convenience. These communications will first go by U.S. Mail, all subsequent requests will go via email to your personal email address until your eagles email address has been established. It is very important that once you receive notification you have been assigned an eagles email that you activate it immediately.
Review Your Financial Aid Award
Once your financial aid package is completed, an Electronic Award notification will be sent to your Eagles email account. To review your award, you must log in to MyRecords using your Student ID number and your MyRecords login PIN*. Once you log in click on My Financial Aid, then My Overall Financial Aid Status then select the applicable academic year. Click on the highlighted Awarded, and then click on the tab Accept Award Offer. Your award will indicate the types and amounts of aid you are eligible to receive. Review your award carefully, click on what you accept and/or decline, then submit. If you are a first time Federal Direct Stafford Loan borrower at CUI, you will need to complete Online Entrance Counseling and electronically sign the Promissory Note. To learn more about Federal Direct Stafford Loans visit studentaid.ed.gov/types/loans, and information is also provided in your MyRecords account under Special Messages.
*Your temporary PIN is your birthday (MMDDYY). You will be prompted to change your PIN and enter a security question and answer. Your PIN must be exactly 6 characters and may contain both letters and numbers.
Deadlines for Fall 2015
- March 2, 2015 - FAFSA priority deadline for federal and state aid.
- March 2, 2015 - Cal Grant Verification Form postmarked date (California residents only).
- August 15, 2015 - Loan borrowers only: Complete loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Federal Stafford Loan.
- August 15, 2015 - Final deadline for all financial aid documents. Other documents may be requested to complete your financial aid file. All requested documents must be submitted 14 days prior to the close of the term.
- September 4, 2015 - FAFSA's received after this date will not be eligible for any need based institutional aid.
Scholarship and Activity Award Application and Deadlines for 2015-2016
- Presidential Honors Scholarship, deadline February 16, 2015
- Academic Department Scholarships, deadline February 16, 2015
- Christ College Grant, deadline August 1, 2015
- Home Congregation Grant - New Students, no deadline
- Music Scholarship, deadline February 28, 2015, click here
- Theatre Activity Award Application deadline February 28, 2015, click here.
- Forensics Scholarship, deadline February 28, 2015