Copying Course Materials from One Course to Another
With the new version of Blackboard you now have the ability and responsibility, to copy course materials from one course to another.
To do so:
- Start in your old course (the one with all the information), click Packages and Utilities under Control Panel, and choose Course Copy.
- Click the down selection arrow by “Select Copy Type” and change it to “Copy Course Material into an Existing Course” (this is because a new blank shell already exists for you).
- Under the Select Copy Options, browse for your new course. If you do not see a list of your courses and it is asking you to create a name and ID, then you need to go back to step two above and change the copy type to “Copy Course Material into an Existing Course” because the new course has already been created by IT, it just does not have anything in it yet.
- Put a check in all the areas you want transferred (usually everything except Enrollments). After submitting, you should get a green banner at the top confirming the copy process.
- Wait a few minutes, then go into the new course and all the materials should be there. You will need to delete and move some of the navigation buttons on the left to your liking (if you click the down arrows by the buttons, you will see the delete and rename options).
- If this is for the next semester, you will notice that all your courses are set to unavailable so that students cannot access them yet. When you are ready for them to access your course, go to the Control Panel, then Customization, Properties, and choose “Yes” next to Make Course Available.