Director of Parish Music (DPM) Program
The Director of Parish Music (DPM) Program grants the Bachelor’s degree and the Christ College certificate, with which the candidate is eligible to receive a divine call to serve in a congregation or other agency affiliated with The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
DPM Program Requirements
- General Education (54-55 units)
Major Requirements: Music major (54-56 units)
Christ College Certificate Requirements (21 units)
Additional DPM Program Requirements: (7 units)
- Normally completed during the first two years of attendance. The student may, if placed by examination, substitute MUS 201 in the Music major for the MUS 101 Fine Arts option in general education.
- MUS 391: Practicum: Church Music (1 unit)
- MUS 491/492: Senior Field Work in Church Music (6 units)
- Students must demonstrate the following skills before graduation:
- MUKP 202 (if piano is not the primary instrument) or MUKO 102: Keyboard Improvisation
- MUVO 100: Voice Class (1-2 units) or MUVO 101: Private Lessons: Voice (1-2 units)
For more information regarding the DPM Program, please contact the Director, Dr. Carol McDaniel.
Current students, please note: The requirements listed here may not reflect the most current courses for this program and may not be the requirements for the catalog year you are following to complete your program. Please refer to the Academic Catalog for official requirements you must meet to qualify for a degree.