How to Apply
- Read the Admissions Requirements
- Download, complete, and submit the International Undergraduate Application (PDF or Online)
Application must be accompanied by the non-refundable application fee of $50.00. (PDF)
- Submit a Letter of Recommendation / International Reference Form and Essay (PDF)
All applicants must submit a Letter of Recommendation from a guidance counselor or teacher and an Essay.
- Submit official transcripts by mailing them to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
Submit Proof of English Proficiency
- Official transcript(s).
This includes all coursework taken from 9th grade to the present. If any high school or college work is in progress at the time of this application, be sure an additional final transcript is sent when the work is completed.
Official transcripts must be sent directly from the high school in a sealed envelope or hand-carried to Concordia University Irvine.
- High School GPA of 2.8 and above
- Transfer students must submit official transcripts for all college course work.
- International Transcripts must be evaluated.
(Suggested Credential Evaluation Services: www.IERF.org, or www.wes.org or more at www.edupass.org)
Fulfill Requirements to Obtain the I-20 and Submit Materials
- Official TOEFL(PBT 550/IBT 79 - 80)/IELTS (6.5) Score from within the past two years.
- Official SAT or ACT scores Request results of the (SAT) or (ACT) tests.
- *If you took one of these tests at the high school from which you graduated, the results may be recorded on your transcript. Check with the high school personnel when requesting your transcript. Student copies will not be accepted.
- *Official SAT and/or ACT scores (recommended)
All freshman applicants must submit official scores from TOEFL or SAT and/or ACT . Scores must be sent directly from the testing institution to the Office of International Undergraduate Admissions. SAT School: 4069; ACT School: 0227. Copies are considered unofficial documents.
Note: If you submit more than one SAT score, we use the highest score from each section (critical reading and math) and combine them into a super score. Equally, we also use the highest composite ACT score.
- Affidavit of Financial Support (PDF)
Completed affidavit and supporting documents verifying that the applicant will be able to underwrite their total financial costs during their studies at Concordia University.
- Certificate of Bank Balance (PDF)
The amount the applicant needs to show proof of funding is $42,070. *This is an estimated amount and may change. If you are receiving Athletic Scholarship you may subtract it from $42,070 and you must provide a copy of your Letter of Intent.
- Photocopy of Passport
These documents are not necessary until AFTER you are accepted, however, they are needed for your I-20 so getting a head start will only benefit you.
For Transfer Students:
- All of the above
- Copy of I-20 (all 3 pages)
- Copy of F1 Visa
- Copy of I-94 (front & back)
- Transfer Form (PDF)
Submitting Your Application