MBA Program Purpose and Learning Outcomes
The overall purpose of the MBA in Business Practice is to create skillful and wise business leaders who add value to the community of practice.
Our graduates will be able to:
- Conduct a survey of the business environment, identifying opportunities and formulating an effective and efficient means to capitalize on that opportunity creating something of value.
- Demonstrate an understanding of accounting terminology and organize and manage the accounts to track the financial records of an organization.
- Assess the potential market for a specific set of products and services, and formulate a marketing plan for selling those products and services to that constituency.
- Read a set of financial books regarding the profit and loss statements of an organization, formulate a cogent assessment of the situation and develop recommendations for increased financial health of the organization.
- Research any aspects of business practice to produce a solid empirical basis for decision-making.
- Perform skills directly used in a specific business specialty practice or context developed through projects in their program.
- Formulate and communicate an original business idea to the broader business public, and/or formulate and communicate an original business plan.