Purpose and Learning Outcomes
The Master of Arts in International Studies (MAIS) program is designed to provide the maximum exposure to Chinese life as you are studying and researching it. The program allows candidates to simultaneously study, work, and live in China, all culminating in a Master's Thesis that is developed out of authentic interests and lived experiences, knowledge of the relevant literature, and empirical data collected first-hand.
- Develop practical knowledge, skills, aptitudes, experiences and relationships to recognize and be poised for potential multinational, strategic opportunities.
- Gain a critical and comparative perspective of the interactions between business and/or education and the spheres of politics, culture, economics, law and society.
- Design, implement and document primary research in an international context.
- Demonstrate servant leadership as an ambassador of American culture, develop confidence and overcome obstacles, and learn how to live and work in a foreign country.
- Engage other cultures and worldviews, communicate professionally and inter-personally in a cross-cultural context; establish authentic relationships and networks.