Frequently Asked Questions
- What degree will I receive?
- What GPA do I need to be accepted?
- How many units do I need to be accepted, and what are the general education requirements?
- I went to college a long time ago. Would those units transfer?
- I have an AA degree. Will my AA/AS degree and/or CSU/IGETC certification fulfill all the GE requirements?
- How do I know what will transfer to Concordia?
- How long will it take me to earn a bachelor's degree?
- How much will this program cost me?
- Are there any hidden costs?
- What type of financial aid will I receive?
- Will you work with the tuition reimbursement program my company has?
- Do you offer any payment plans?
- What is the application deadline for admissions?
- What is the application deadline for financial aid?
- When can I start?
- What does this degree program prepare me to do?
1. What degree will I receive?
Upon completion of the program (courses in your major taken at Concordia) and all graduation requirements (120 semester units), you will receive a Bachelor of Science.
2. What GPA do I need to be accepted?
In order to be accepted you must have a 2.0 GPA on all prior academic work.
3. How many units do I need to be accepted, and what are the general education requirements?
Students can begin taking classes right away, regardless of the number of transferable units already completed.
Students can begin the major once they have more than 30 units. Any prerequisites may be taken concurrently during the first term pending the director's approval.
For a personalized academic plan, contact our admissions counselor at (949) 214-3017 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. I went to college a long time ago. Would those units transfer?
Yes, assuming they were done at an accredited college or university. There is no limit on how long ago you completed your prior course work.
5. I have an AA degree. Will my AA/AS degree and/or CSU/IGETC certification fulfill all the GE requirements?
Yes, if you have completed your AA degree any of these four transfer options at an accredited university or college, then you have fulfilled the general education requirements. Additionally if you have successfully completed your IGETC or CSU certification this counts as fulfilling your general education requirements.
6. How do I know what will transfer to Concordia?
Most courses from accredited colleges and universities will transfer. However, you will need to obtain a copy of your official transcripts prior to formal acceptance. An Adult Education Admissions Counselor or Academic Adviser can help you evaluate your transcripts and assist you in determining your overall academic plan, including your transferable units.
7. How long will it take me to earn a bachelor's degree?
It is possible to earn your bachelor's degree in 16 months depending on the number of units you transfer into Adult Education. An Adult Education Admissions Counselor or Academic Adviser can meet with you to determine your individual academic plan and calendar. A total of 120 units are necessary to graduate.
8. How much will this program cost me?
For the 2011-12 academic year the tuition rate is $490/unit
9. Are there any hidden costs?
No, there are no hidden costs. The only two additional fees are the $50 application fee and a $125 graduation fee. Depending upon the course you may need to purchase a textbook or reference materials for your use and professional library. This varies from course to course.
10. What type of financial aid will I receive?
Financial aid is based on a student's need. Need-based aid is based on the family's financial ability to pay for educational costs. You can apply for the Cal Grant (deadline is March 2), Pell Grant, any outside resources, and federal student loans.
11. Will you work with the tuition reimbursement program my company has?
Yes, we will work with you and your employer's tuition reimbursement program. After your acceptance into the program, you need to complete the Tuition Assistance Form and have it signed by your employer.
12. Do you offer any payment plans?
Yes, to help you meet your educational expenses, Concordia offers numerous payment plan options. The Student Accounts website and the Bursar's Office has the most up to date information for you to review.
13. What is the application deadline for admissions?
You must have a complete admission file and been accepted at least two weeks before classes begin. We strongly suggest you complete the application process earlier than two weeks before the schedule start of the semester to facilitate transcript evaluation, financial aid decisions, etc.
14. What is the application deadline for financial aid?
In order to be eligible for the CAL Grant your FAFSA form must be received by March 2. For all other financial aid you must be accepted and have a completed financial aid file at least one week before classes begin. The Financial Aid website will have the most up to date information and deadlines for you to review.
15. When can I start?
You can start at various times throughout the year due to the wide range of courses offered throughout the year. Since the courses in the major are taught in a cohort model, new students can start at the beginning of each semester.
Fall semester begins in August
Spring semester begins in January
Summer semester begins in May
16. What does this degree program prepare me to do?
The Bachelor of Science program in Organizational Psychology equips students to apply psychology in the workplace in order to enhance employee performance. As an applied psychology degree integrating scientific study from both the behavioral sciences and business, the program provides students the exposure, experience, and expertise that give them a distinct advantage in the marketplace.
This program is appropriate for anyone wanting to:
- help employers deal with employees fairly;
- help make jobs more interesting and satisfying; and
- help workers be more productive